Cauliflower is one veggie that I have around a lot. My grandma used to steam it then toss it with olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper. It was delicious the way she made it. I figured I would like everything cauliflower so I once tried making a pizza crust out of caulifower and didn’t like it very much. It was time consuming and really didn’t taste that good. I’ve seen cauliflower rice recipes for a while now but didn’t think I wanted to make any more creative caulifower recipes. But then I saw a cauliflower rice with turmeric and it sparked my interest. So, I had to try it. It took about 5 minutes to put the cauliflower in the food processor, pulse it, then sautee it, I added turmeric and a pinch of salt. Nice and fast, I like that! The flavor was delicious, I felt like I was eating saffron rice!
Diego couldn’t figure out what it was that I was feeding him. I finally told him what it was and few minutes later, this was our conversation…
Diego: Mom, I just can’t eat this many veggies, just make me a salad from now on instead.
Me: Haha, ok!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- lemon pepper seasoning
- olive oil cooking spray
- ½ head cauliflower
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- pinch of salt
- For chicken:
- Heat grill pan on medium high heat and coat with cooking spray.
- Place chicken on pan and season with lemon pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes then flip and coat the other side with lemon pepper. Cook an additional 5 minutes then flip again until cooked thoroughly.
- For cauliflower rice:
- Place cauliflower in food processor and process until it has the consistency of rice.
- Heat a medium sautee pan on medium high heat and coat with cooking spray. Add cauliflower and sautee. Add turmeric and salt. Sautee for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and serve with chicken.